Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tahrir.

I’d normally wake up by 2 pm and not even on my own, always wake up on a phone call. But today I couldn’t wait to wake up. I had arranged with my dad the previous day that we are going to Tahrir Square to protest. But mind you, I’m not here to make a story, I’m here to express feelings.

Honor.

Respect.

Enthusiasm.

Unity.

Happiness.

I felt honor being part of this revolution, I respected everyone there fighting for this very particular cause. The enthusiasm and unity of the Egyptians brought happiness to my heart.

I couldn’t describe it the way I want to. The sun only shined on the square. It was calling for people to come in. A warm welcome.

It’s just more than words can describe. I’m glad I was a part of this.


NM.8.2.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment