Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011/2012

At the end of every year we make resolutions, we hope and wish that next year will come carrying a better tomorrow and future. Every year leaves a mark on us, something remarkable, something we will never forget. But every year won’t be like 2011, which I would like to call the never-ending eventful year. I probably have been subjected to things this year that I haven’t been subject to in my 20 years of existence. Not just me in this case, every Egyptian on the planet.

This year taught me a lot and changed in soo many ways, now I see the world differently, it’s one of those years you feel you have really grown.

Blogging about this year would be soo hard, because of the amount of events, memories and experiences it offered. I have been postponing writing this post because I always had soo much to say but soo little time, but now that I have the time I feel some how speechless.

This year I got to experience many emotions one of which was fear, but fear in the real sense of fear, not the fear of an ugly insect or the fear of failing an exam, but the fear of one of your loved ones being in danger, the fear of hearing gunshots, the fear of seeing a military tank just crossing your street.

I got to experience betrayal; betrayal of relatives, betrayal of friends, the lack of trust was soo high it was unbelievable. It’s like you can’t really depend on anyone or trust anyone.

Starting with the revolution (http://nadousha0192.blogspot.com/2011/02/dear-john.html) , or should I say the life changing experience? Or maybe the horrifying experience, the honorable experience? You name it the way you see it and the way you chose to participate or not participate in this revolution that changed all our lives (http://nadousha0192.blogspot.com/2011/10/28012011.html). I’m not going to write about what I think of the revolution because I already have detailed posts that document that event in particular (http://nadousha0192.blogspot.com/2011/02/tahrir.html). But what I’m going to say is that I’m not proud of the way the year ended with a lot of innocent Egyptians dying to the schemes and filthy moves of “whoever”. It’s sad and just heartbreaking when you are 5 meters away from a normal healthy guy and in a blink of an eye you find him on the ground bleeding to death just because the authorities thought it was the right thing to do. (http://nadousha0192.blogspot.com/2011/11/diaries-of-tahrir-boy.html)

Moving on, aside the revolution it was a very hard semester (semester 4, end of 2nd year) at university. A lot of challenges and choices had to be made concerning my major. I had to finally choose between product and graphic design. But, it was already decided and I just never knew it that my heart was into product design.

Summer arrived quickly it was like the year was flying fast and here came the hardest part. My parents had bought us a new place in Al Tagmoa Al Khamis and we had to move out, only our home wasn’t ready yet so we moved out in a temporary place. This is where the misery all started (http://nadousha0192.blogspot.com/2011/09/cheer-up.html ). Summing up the summer I would say that I moved from a home to home 2 times in a month, worked 2 times in 2 months and had a surgery (http://nadousha0192.blogspot.com/2011/08/cap-and-gown-hospital-edition.html.).

Semester 5 then rushed without giving us a break and still to this day I’m suffering and trying to end it peacefully. This semester really is testing my patience and persistence towards product design which I would never have presumed it would be that hard, but everyday that I’m faced with challenges that I don’t turn my back to is a day that I’m proud of myself. I learned a lot, gained a lot of experiences and learned that I just can’t give up on something I love. One of the very big accomplishments this semester was joining GUCMUN HRC and joining Bdaya’s Geneh under the SOC.

The year had been moving into fast forward, yet due to all the events that were occurring it felt really long, but sooner or later it had to come to an end. And trying to blog about the whole year in one post would somehow be pointless because what happened and what I’ve experienced can’t be described or summed up, but it doesn’t hurt to take a peek in the past.

At the beginning of every year, I celebrate my birthday and hope for a new beginning a fresh start and for new wise resolutions and a more determined future, but sometimes the beauty lies within the unknowingness of the future.

And as usual since a picture is worth a thousand words here are very few photos of some of my favorite times this year.



I was constantly searching for my inner peace



I was always reminded to keep smiling






REVOLUTION
Tahrir (Taken by: Hazem El Samra)










SOKHNA









RAMADAN


Iftar At Kay's place


Skyping with Mai ( Ramadan nights) x







OUTINGS



Random day with my favorite people n the world Mai and Nadin

With Bibaa <3






BDAYA

Geneh

Bdaya - Final Booth Day

Me and Sara after final day Bdaya booth :)






MUN










BIRTHDAYS

Youyou's Birthday

Yosra's Birthday

My Birthday at uni :)


I love Me ( MYSNON)



New Year's Eve at Flower's place


Much Love,

NM.6.1.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment