Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Moment of Truth

I don’t know how to start this, what to say or even what to do. Today I realized something very important by asking myself a very important question “why do people remember each other when somebody dies?”

Unfortunately today one of my dearest friend’s dad died and I went to say my condolences. I’ve never seen Hala soo broken, because she isn’t the type who is negative or pessimistic, on the contrary, she is beautiful, light and fun to be around. She always brought the smile with her to where ever she was, even today as she mourned the loss of her father she looked at me and gave me the most heart-warming smile ever.

I sat there and wondered how she felt at that particular moment then I suddenly started thanking God that I had both my parents with me. Oh that was such a blessing that my tears started streaming down my face “Elhamdolelallah, Elhamdolelallah” was all I kept saying.

I sat there silently crying looking at everyone around me, people whom I haven’t seen in years came to say their condolences too and just suddenly everything seemed soo small, soo unimportant and I started to think about all the stupid things I do, all that time I waste and all the blessings I have that I never appreciate.

It was truly an eye opening moment to me as to how my life has taken a very let’s say trashy turn. What was I doing with it? I always complained to my parents and never said thank you, I never ask about my relatives or grand parents because I’m too busy going out and I’m always giving my whole attention to those who don’t deserve it. What do I need for me to start noticing all my wrong doings? , Does someone have to die? Is that the only way to remember them?

Answering these questions only came in tears,I can’t imagine how a horrible person I’ve become.

I don’t feel sorry for Hala because I am sure that God will help her through this, she is strong and beautiful and I envy her for her strength and thanks to Hala today she might’ve just changed my whole perspective on life.


Before I leave you I ask you all please to read “Al Fateha” for Hala’s dad and pray for him please. RIP. Thank you.

ربي ادخله اوسع جناتك و ارحمه و ثبته عند السؤال و قه عذاب النار و صبر احباءه يا صبار يا رحيم.


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم، الحمد لله رب العالمين، الرحمن الرحيم، مالك يوم الدين، اياك نعبد واياك نستعين، اهدنا الصراط للمستقيم، صراط اللذين انعمت عليهم، غير الغضوب عليهم و للضالين،آمين، صدق الله العظيم


NM.21/2/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment