Thursday, May 17, 2012

Soldier


I took my suit with soo much pride
My new identity was “the Great Soldier”
I vowed to protect my land even if I died
My very first mission was in “the Great black folder”

They trained me to handle the life
Some ideas to my mind were imposed
They told me to forget about my family and wife
This part of your life is closed

They gave me a gun and told me to shoot
You have your target at hand
I forgot all about my suit
Or what it represented to my land

They told me to aim specially on the eyes
I took the order and I couldn't see
The mothers' bloody cries
Flooding the streets like a sea

They gave me a knife and told me to slit
The throats of the bravest men out there
Back there at home is where I left my whit
And their heads I couldn’t wait to tear

They gave me tear gas and told me to aim
At their nervous systems and their minds
They fell on the floor, but not out of shame
They could still see through all our lies

Then they gave me a stick and told me to run
Beat them to death they said
they told me 'hold to your knife, Hold to your gun’
Make sure they’re all pretty dead

Suddenly I found my self saluting death
My time has come, my turn to suffer
I could see every crying mother, every dying breath
Holding on to life became much tougher

My one last thought was pretty sad
I remembered the great black folder
I really felt sorry for what I did to my land
I turned out to be not soo much of a great soldier


No comments:

Post a Comment